Origin, diagenesis and geochemistry of sediments and sedimentary rocks. [2-2-0]
Prerequisite: EOSC 221 and one of EOSC 210, EOSC 222.
1. Discuss the origin and evolution of sedimentary rocks (from sediments to rocks).
2. Describe, classify and interpret sedimentary rocks.
3. Interpret and classify sedimentary environments based on sedimentological data.
4. Interpret sedimentological data in order to correlate stratigraphic sequences.
5. Define and use the endless jargon associated with sedimentary rocks and the science of sedimentology.
Boggs, S. Principles of Sedimentology and Stratigraphy.
Non required but useful: