EOSC118 Sketching Activity 4: Tonnage-Grade #2 - "Current Mining Data"
The canvas below shows the Grade vs Tonnage figure you first used in Lesson 25 and for Assignment #3. Now that you've gotten familiar with their construction you will add a marker to this figure representing grade and tonnage of a gold deposit or exploration update that you are to find yourself. You will need to input this information into a form below that is similar to our CYU forms. Therefore, there are 2 PARTS to this assignment: (1) FORM COMPLETION and (2) SKETCHING. (Don't forget to clear the canvas by clicking CLEAR!)
Part 1: Data Discovery and Form Completion
Part 2: Point Plotting and PNG Submission
You should be familiar with this sketching app by now, so follow the directions below to complete the work and ensure you've erased previous annotations using the "clear" button.
- Set the colour to black, click the "Text" tool and type your name (e.g., Jane Doe) in the dialogue box that appears. Click, hold, and place to add the text at the top next to "Name__". If you make a mistake, you can use the "Undo Arrow" button, or the "Eraser" that will only affect what you have added, not the underlying canvas. Repeat for your student number.
- Enter/write the grade and tonnage next to your Name in the appropriate spots -- don't forget to include units! This is so that we can match your input to your plotting. Stick to 1 decimal place, such as "0.1", not "1.398".
- Place a Green, Capital, Bold-font letter X on the figure representing the correct grade and tonnage associated with the deposit you have found using instructions provided in the previous Form.
- Double check that your name is present on the image.
- Save your work so it can be uploaded to Connect. DO NOT SIMPLY PRINT-SCREEN, use the following procedure:
- Click "Export as PNG button (under tools). This puts your result in a new browser tab.
- Use your browser to "Save as" or "Save Image As" (typically by right-clicking the image).
- PLEASE name this file using your student number and name: e.g., "12345678JaneDoe.png". Do NOT change the "png" part.
- Finally, upload your image to the Course CONNECT site as instructed in the CONNECT assignment.
Once you have submitted your image WITH FILE NAME AS INSTRUCTED ABOVE, you are done!
- Use the "Clear" button to clear the canvas of previous sketches.
- Use the "Eraser" button to remove portions of work you have done; this does NOT erase the background image.
- Hover your mouse over some tool buttons to see its label.
- If you zoom out, keyboard arrows will pan.
- Click the "crossed arrows" icon (fourth down, left side) so your mouse can move the image inside its frame.
- If the canvas doesn't load you may need to enable scripts:
- For Chrome: You must click the small 'shield' within the Omnibox/Address bar, located at the far right.
- For Microscoft Edge: You must click the "Show all content" prompt
- For Firefox: You must click the "lock" icon at the left of the address bar and allow it to run
- Sometimes the Sketching App requires a simple keyboard input (like tapping the spacebar) for the image to load
Below are active graphs of our class' points!