EOSC Graptolite, Trilobite lab
Digitize results: Label and sketch chronostratigraphy on geologic sections
NOTE: THE EXERCISE GIVEN HERE IS OUTDATED AS OF MARCH 2016. STUDENTS MUST CARRY OUT EXERCISES WITHIN CONNECT **NOT** ON THIS PAGE.
We are exploring novel ways of increasing the variety of online learning actions, products, assessments, and feedback opportunities.
Please use the "sketching" feedback question (near the end of the online question set) to tell us if you love it, hate it, or have any comments or questions. Thanks!
Instructions. Complete these tasks only when instructions tell you to.
- Use "stroke" button to pick a text color (eg blue).
- Use "text" button to add your name to the top right corner (follow directions under image when "text" button is selected).
- Use "text" button to add abbreviations for Location Ages in the boxes. Two are done for you as examples.
- Use "stroke" button to pick a different color (eg red).
- Use "pencil" button to draw your interpretation of all chronostratigraphic lines across the three sections. These are lines that span all geological columns indicating the boundaries between rocks of distinct ages, for example the boundary between Ordovician and Silurian rocks.
- Also mark one or more locations with an "X" and label it (or them) with "S47" to indicate where in these geological sections you think specimen #47 could have fallen from.
- To save result:
- Click "Export as PNG button (under tools). This puts your result in a new browser tab.
- Use your browser to "Save as" or "Save Image As".
- PLEASE name this file using your name: eg. "JaneDoe.png". Do NOT change the "png" part.
- Finally, upload your image to the Course CONNECT site as instructed in the CONNECT question.
Once you have saved your image WITH FILE NAME AS INSTRUCTED ABOVE, you are done!
- Use the "Clear" button to start again.
- Use the "Eraser" button to remove portions of work you have done.
- Hover your mouse over a tool for tool-tips.
- If you zoom out, keyboard arrows will pan.