- To explain landform morphology and the processes of landform development.
- To practice techniques for recognition and analysis of landforms and processes.
- To describe typical applications of geomorphology to geoscience and engineering.
Dr. Scott McDougall, P.Eng.
- Lectures (see list of topics below)
- Lab exercises (5)
- Independent Project
- Midterm quizzes (2)
- Final Exam
Readings will be assigned in class and posted on Canvas.
- Airphoto Interpretation; Advanced Tools
- Tectonics and Isostasy; Folded Landforms; Faults
- Intrusions and Volcanoes; Volcanic Landforms; Volcanic Hazards
- Weathering; Karst
- Erosion; Hydrology and Drainage Networks; Open Channel Flow and Sediment Transport
- Floodplains, Terraces, Fans and Deltas; Channel Morphology
- Landslide Mechanics; Falls and Topples; Flow-like Landslides
- Hazard and Risk
- Glaciers and Glacial Erosion; Glacial Deposits; Periglacial Landforms
- Coastal Landforms; Aeolian Landforms
- Climate Change
- Landform Design