EOSC 428/532: Field Methods in Groundwater Hydrology (2019)
12) AG Cahill, R Beckie, B Ladd, E Sandl, M Goetz, J Chao, J Soares, C Manning, C Chopra, N Finke, I Hawthorne, A Black, K U Mayer, S Crowe, T Cary, R Lauer, B Mayer, A Allen, D Kirste, L Welch (2019) Advancing knowledge of gas migration and fugitive gas from energy wells in northeast British Columbia, Canada. Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology, 9, 134-151, https://doi.org/10.1002/ghg.1856 (open access)
11) ST Wilson, HW Bange, DL Arevalo-Martinez, J Barnes, AV Borges, I Brown, JL Bullister, M Burgos, DW Capelle, M Casso, M de la Paz, L Farias, L Fenwick, S Ferron, G Garcia, M Glockzin, DM Karl, A Kock, S Laperriere, CS Law, CC Manning, A Marriner, J-P Myllykangas, JW Pohlman, AP Rees, AE Santoro, M Torres, PD Tortell, RC Upwstill-Goddard, DP Wisegarver, GL Zhang, G Rehder (2018) An intercomparison of oceanic methane and nitrous oxide measurements. Biogeosciences 15, 5891-5907, https://doi.org/10.5194/bg-15-5891-2018 (open access)
10) RW Izett, CC Manning, RC Hamme, and PD Tortell (2018, in press). Refined estimates of net community production in the Subarctic Northeast Pacific derived from ΔO2/Ar measurements with N2O-based corrections for vertical mixing. Global Biogeochemical Cycles, https://doi.org/10.1002/2017GB005792
9) CC Manning, RHR Stanley, DP Nicholson, B Loose, A Lovely, P Schlosser, and BG Hatcher (2019, revision submitted) Changes in gross oxygen production, net oxygen production, and air-water gas exchange during seasonal ice melt in the Bras d’Or Lake, a Canadian estuary, Biogeosciences Discussions, https://doi.org/10.5194/bg-2017-428
8) CC Manning, EM Howard, DP Nicholson, B Ji, ZO Sandwith, and RHR Stanley (2017, in press) Revising estimates of aquatic gross oxygen production by the triple oxygen isotope method to incorporate the local isotopic composition of water. Geophysical Research Letters 44, http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/2017GL074375. Complementary software on Zenodo/GitHub.
7) CC Manning, RHR Stanley, DP Nicholson, JM Smith, JT Pennington, MR Fewings, ME Squibb, and FP Chavez (2016) Impact of recently upwelled water on productivity investigated using in situ and incubation-based methods in Monterey Bay. 122, doi:10.1002/2016JC012306. Download from the Woods Hole Open Access Server. Complementary software on Zenodo/GitHub.
6) CC Manning (2017) Insight into chemical, biological, and physical processes in coastal waters from dissolved oxygen and inert gas tracers. PhD thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution. 213 pp. doi: 10.1575/1912/8589 Download PDF.
5) CC Manning, RHR Stanley, DE Lott (2016) Continuous measurements of dissolved Ne, Ar, Kr, and Xe with a field-deployable gas equilibration mass spectrometer. Analytical Chemistry 88 (6), 3040–3048. doi:10.1021/acs.analchem.5b03102.
4) CC Manning, RHR Stanley, DP Nicholson, and ME Squibb (2016) Quantifying air-sea gas exchange using noble gases in a coastal upwelling zone. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science 35, 012017. doi:10.1088/1755-1315/35/1/012017.
3) A Bourbonnais, MF Lehmann, RC Hamme, CC Manning, and SK Juniper (2013) Nitrate elimination and regeneration as evidenced by dissolved inorganic nitrogen isotopes in Saanich Inlet, a seasonally anoxic fjord. Marine Chemistry. 157, 194-207. doi:10.1016/j.marchem.2013.09.006
2) KL Vikse, Z Ahmadi, CC Manning, DA Harrington, and JS McIndoe (2011). Powerful insight into catalytic mechanisms through simultaneous monitoring of reactant, products and intermediates. Angewandte Chemie International Edition 50(36), 8304-8306. doi:10.1002/anie.201102630
1) CC Manning, RC Hamme, and A Bourbonnais (2010) Impact of deep-water renewal events on fixed nitrogen loss from seasonally-anoxic Saanich Inlet. Marine Chemistry. 122, 1-10. doi:10.1016/j.marchem.2010.08.002