I currently work as a Research Scientist for the Hydrology group for Prof. Uli Mayer applying reactive transport modeling analyses to a variety of subsurface problems and in the development and promotion of MIN3P. I received my M.Sc. in Geological Sciences with Prof. Mayer, where my research focused on long-term planning for mine waste rock piles practices and ARD, including comparisons of simulated results pile structure related to construction techniques and modeling capillary barrier effects in engineered cover systems. My current research extends this use of MIN3P to model other hydrogeochemical systems in the subsurface, and includes the development of a reactive transport modeling toolbox. This involves generating example templates for a variety of hydrogeochemical applications in the subsurface, improving user accessibility of the code, as well as development of training materials and outreach.
I received my B.Sc. (Hons.) at the University of Waterloo in Hydrogeology, where I also spent several years working for the Groundwater Research and Remediation Group under Prof. Dave Blowes and Prof. Carol Ptacek. I have also worked for several years in the mining industry to gain experience in environmental sampling procedures, reporting and compliance, and effective data management, which has helped make connections between the research and modeling and applications to industry practices.
Guest Lecture on 'Reactive Transport Modeling' for GML6112E - MINING ENVIRONMENT AND SITE RESTORATION at Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue, QC (Fall 2020)
- M.Sc. in Geological Sciences: University of British Columbia. Supervisor: Prof. Ulrich Mayer; 2017 - 2020
- B.Sc. Honours Earth Science/Hydrogeology Specialization (Dean’s Honours List), University of Waterloo. Supervisor: Prof. David Blowes; 2010 - 2015
- 2018 - 2019 NSERC Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship-Master’s (CGS M), University of British Columbia
- 2018 - 2019 UBC Graduate Scholarship - W.H. MATHEWS Scholarship, University of British Columbia
- 2015 Dean’s Honours List, University of Waterloo
- 2014 - 2015 NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award, University of Waterloo
- 2013 - 2014 O’Connor Associates Environmental Inc. Award, University of Waterloo
- 2010 - 2011 University of Waterloo President’s Scholarship, University of Waterloo
Raymond, K. E., Mayer, K. U., Seigneur, N., Su, D. (August, 2019). Numerical Modeling of Mass Loadings from Waste Rock Piles Affected by Heterogeneity and Structure, Goldschmidt, Barcelona, Spain.
Raymond, K. E., Mayer, K. U., Seigneur, N., Su, D. (June, 2019). A Sensitivity Analysis on Effluent Quality within Numerical Models of a Waste Rock Pile. Mining and Environment International Conference VII, Sudbury, Canada.
Raymond, K. E., Mayer, K. U., Seigneur, N., Su, D. (June, 2019). Project 2c: Numerical Modeling of Mass Loadings from Waste Rock Piles Affected by Heterogeneity and Structure, TERRE-NET 2019 Annual General Meeting Program, Edmonton, Canada.
Raymond, K.E.; Seigneur, N.; Su, D.; Poaty, B.; Plante, B.; Bussière, B.; Mayer, K.U. Numerical Modeling of a Laboratory-Scale Waste Rock Pile Featuring an Engineered Cover System. Minerals 2020, 10, 652. https://doi.org/10.3390/min10080652