I currently work as a Research Scientist for the Hydrology group for Prof. Uli Mayer applying reactive transport modeling analyses to a variety of subsurface problems and in the development and promotion of MIN3P. I received my B.Sc. (Hons.) at the University of Waterloo in Hydrogeology, where I also spent several years working for the Groundwater Research and Remediation Group under Prof. Dave Blowes and Prof. Carol Ptacek. Following this, I worked for the mining industry gaining experience in environmental sampling procedures, reporting and compliance, and effective data management. I will receive my M.Sc. from the University of British Columbia in Geological Sciences in Spring 2020.
My research uses the reactive transport code MIN3P to model hydrogeochemical systems in the subsurface. Specifically, my previous research has focused on long-term planning for mine waste rock piles practices and ARD, including comparisons of simulated results pile structure related to construction techniques and modeling capillary barrier effects in dry cover systems. My current role with Prof. Mayer includes the development of a reactive transport modeling toolbox which involves generating example templates for a variety of hydrogeochemical applications in the subsurface, improving user accessibility of the code, as well as development of training materials and outreach.
- MSc (candidate) in Geological Sciences: University of British Columbia. Supervisor: Prof. Ulrich Mayer; 2017 - Present
- B.Sc. Honours Earth Science/Hydrogeology Specialization (Dean’s Honours List), University of Waterloo. Supervisor: Prof. David Blowes; 2010 - 2015
- 2018 - 2019 NSERC Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship-Master’s (CGS M), University of British Columbia
- 2018 - 2019 UBC Graduate Scholarship - W.H. MATHEWS Scholarship, University of British Columbia
- 2015 Dean’s Honours List, University of Waterloo
- 2014 - 2015 NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award, University of Waterloo
- 2013 - 2014 O’Connor Associates Environmental Inc. Award, University of Waterloo
- 2010 - 2011 University of Waterloo President’s Scholarship, University of Waterloo
Raymond, K. E., Mayer, K. U., Seigneur, N., Su, D. (August, 2019). Numerical Modeling of Mass Loadings from Waste Rock Piles Affected by Heterogeneity and Structure, Goldschmidt, Barcelona, Spain.
Raymond, K. E., Mayer, K. U., Seigneur, N., Su, D. (June, 2019). A Sensitivity Analysis on Effluent Quality within Numerical Models of a Waste Rock Pile. Mining and Environment International Conference VII, Sudbury, Canada.
Raymond, K. E., Mayer, K. U., Seigneur, N., Su, D. (June, 2019). Project 2c: Numerical Modeling of Mass Loadings from Waste Rock Piles Affected by Heterogeneity and Structure, TERRE-NET 2019 Annual General Meeting Program, Edmonton, Canada.