I have recently completed a Master's Degree in Physical Oceanography with Dr. Susan Allen in the Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences department at the University of British Columbia. Previous to graduate school, I completed a Bachelor's Degree in Geophysics and a research assistantship in oceanography, both also at the University of British Columbia. For more details on my research projects and experience with science communication and teaching, please feel free to explore my website and new blog space! If you'd like to chat about my previous projects or would like to collaborate on new ones, you are welcome to personally contact me, as well!
- Curriculum Vitae:Curriculum Vitae
- Department Profile:idaliamachuca
- Teaching Assistantships:
- Research Projects:
The Salish Sea
- Science Communication and Teaching:
Instructional Skills Workshop,
SCIE 113 at UBC,
Three Minute Thesis (3MT),
T.A. Belize with Oceana
- Academic Publications:
- Machuca, Idalia Alicia. “Circulation and Upwelling in Mackenzie Canyon, a Dynamically Wide Submarine Canyon in the Beaufort Sea.” MSc Thesis. University of British Columbia, 2019.
- Soontiens, N., Allen, S., Latornell, D., Le Souef, K., Machuca, I., Paquin, J.-P., Lu, Y., Thompson, K., Korabel, V. "Storm surges in the Strait of Georgia simulated with a regional model." Atmosphere-Ocean 54 1-21. 2016.