An capstone project.
A Canvas ePortfolio is a web page that you create this term that is accessible by you during and after this course. This is an assignment worth marks (see the Point table from the Evaluation web page).
Your assignment is to create an ePortfolio in Canvas where you calculate the potential solar energy, wind energy and precipitation amount where you live, using the climatology and design factors of your home location.
Tips on ePortfolio Creation in Canvas
- Log in to Canvas and go to Account > ePortfolios. Click on the button that says "Create an ePortfolio". Set your ePortfolio to Public. See tips for ePortfolio creation at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10597-4212717400
- Set your ePortfolio to allow others to provide Comments (to be visible only by you). Namely, although your ePortfolio will be "public", any Comments about your web page will be "private" to be viewed only by you. See tips at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10497-4212717373
- To start adding content, add a new section (on the left, click on "Organize Sections"). You can add as many sections as you like. Each section can contain multiple pages (on the right, "Organize/Manage Pages").
For more help on using the Canvas ePortfolio function, you can consult the Canvas "Getting Started Wizard", or watch this video tutorial: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1129-eportfolios-students .
Fixing Problems: To see how to make your ePortfolio "public" if you forgot to do it when you first created it, see https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10597-4212717400 .
Submitting your ePortfolio
- The first thing to do is work your way through the Orientation Module, according the the course schedule.
- In Orientation Step 4 there are five quizzes where you learn how this course is structured. This ePortfolio information page is on line 3 and associated with quiz 3.
- After you have completed line 5 and quiz 5 in the Orientation Module, you will see the ATSC 313 ePortfolio assignment instructions.
- Once you have read the Instructions, the next step is to complete the ePortfolio survey. In the survey you will enter your name, your home city or town location, and the URL of your new Renewable Energy ePortfolio capstone project.
- Please don't wait to start making your own ePortfolio. The due date for submitting the survey is the same as the end of the Orientation Module.
- As you progress through the course, you will add to your ePortfolio according to each theme, first with the Precipitation Analysis section, then the Wind Energy section, then the Solar Energy section.
- The due dates for each section come directly after each Theme midterm exam, as shown on the course schedule.
- During the last two weeks of the term you complete your ePortfolio by adding an Introduction and a Summary. The final due date for your ePortfolio is near the end of term, as shown on the schedule.
- We will look at and mark this "ePortfolio Capstone Project" page again after the final ePortfolio submission deadline, because most students will edit and improve their existing ePortfolio. You don't need to re-submit your URL, because it doesn't change when you revise your ePortfolio.
- Sorry, but we do not accept late ePortfolios after the final ePortfolio deadline.
Use your ePortfolio After the Term Ends
You can access and use your ePortfolio even after the term ends. (But I don't know if you can edit it after the term ends.)