I am responsible for the operation, maintenance and QA/QC of the Nu MC-ICP-MS instruments at PCIGR. I guide students and researchers from UBC and other academic facilities on the process of obtaining isotope ratio data for Li, Cu, Zn, Nd, Hf and Pb for example on a Nu Plasma I and Nu Plasma II and Fe and Si on a Nu Plasma 1700 in high resolution mode.
* BSc. Honours Chemical Oceanography, University of British Columbia.
* MSc. Oceanography, University of British Columbia.
* Research Assistant, Department of Oceanography, University of British Columbia: Trace Elements in Marine Sediments.
* Research Assistant, Department of Oceanography, University of British Columbia: Silver in Marine Sediments.
* Research Technician, Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences, University of British Columbia: Carbon and Nitrogen Isotopes in Sediments and Organic Samples.
* Research Technician, Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences, University of British Columbia: Li, Cu, Zn, Nd, Hf and Pb by MC-ICP-MS; Fe and Si by HR-MC-ICP-MS.
* HR-MC-ICP-MS, CF-IRMS, GFAAS
Genna M. Patton, Roger Francois, Dominique Weis, Ed Hathorne, Marcus Gutjahr, Martin Frank, Kathy Gordon. An experimental investigation of the acquisition of Nd by authigenic phases of marine sediments. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Volume 301, 15 May 2021, Pages 1-29.
Kate E. Smith, Dominique Weis, Marghaleray Amini, Alyssa E. Shiel, Vivian W.-M. Lai, Kathy Gordon. Honey as a biomonitor for a changing world. Nature Sustainability, 2, 223-232 (2019).
Gary Schudel, Vivian Lai, Kathy Gordon, Dominique Weis. Trace element characterization of USGS reference materials by HR-ICP-MS and Q-ICP-MS. Chemical Geology, Volume 410, 2 September 2015, Pages 223-236.
Nadine Mattielli, Alyssa E. Shiel, Kathy Gordon, Jerome C.J. Petit. Interlaboratory Calibration of Zn Elemental and Isotopic Compositions for Organic and Inorganic Reference Materials. August 2013, Mineralogical Magazine, 77(5):1712.