UBC students should use the UBC Student Service Center to register for courses. You will need to have your Campus Wide Login (CWL) account ready. If you are unable to register online, please contact Alicia Warkentin; Graduate Program Coordinator with your Student Number.
- Please see the EOAS Graduate Courses list below for all graduate courses (500-600 level). Note some courses are only offered in alternate years. Please refer to the UBC Course Schedule for courses offered in the current academic year
- You can choose up to 6 credits of 300-400 level courses from all undergraduate and graduate ATSC, ENVR and EOSC courses
- You can also take 6-credits of Graduate Student Directed Studies (6 credits). Please see below for more details
- If you do not have the pre-requisites to register for a course, please contact the course instructor directly for approval
The Registration/Change of Registration Form can be found here: REGISTRATION / CHANGE OF REGISTRATION FORM
The Graduate Student Directed Studies allows you to carry out an individual research project under the supervision and guidance of a faculty member. The nature and scope of the project is to be negotiated between you and the prospective supervisor. Graduate Students can take up to 6 credits towards their program requirements.
How do I apply?
- First you will need to find a supervisor - a faculty member at UBC who is working in an area you are interested in.
If the faculty member agrees to supervise a project, you should next plan out the details:
· What will the project involve?
· How much work will it entail?
· How will you be evaluated?
- Finally, you are required to complete and submit a Directed Studies Authorization Form (Winter Session;Summer Session) along with a course synopsis. Please submit the completed form and synopsis to Alicia Warkentin; Graduate Program Coordinator.