EOSC 213 · Computational Methods in Geological Engineering
EOSC 573 · Methods in Oceanography
- To learn about field methods in the major branches of oceanography
- To gain practical experience in carrying out field observations
- To develop and carry out a research project involving:
- Writing a research proposal
- Planning a field program
- Obtaining field measurements to address the question proposed
- Analyzing the field measurements
- Presenting results orally at a 'conference'
- Presenting the results in the form of a journal-style article
EOSC 471 · Waves, Currents, and Mixing in the Ocean
Use of observations, theory and model results to solve physical oceanographic problems including applications to transport and mixing of pollutants or nutrients.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
EOSC 699 · Doctoral Dissertation (Engineering)
EOSC 649 · Doctoral Dissertation (Science)
EOSC 599 · M.A.Sc. Thesis
EOSC 598 · M.Eng. Graduating Paper
EOSC 595 · Directed Studies
Advanced studies under the direction of a staff member may be arranged in special cases with the approval of the department head.
To enrol, submit a completed Winter Directed Studies Form or Summer Directed Studies Form with a one page outline of the course drawn up by you and the course instructor to the Graduate Coordinator.