UBC’s COVID-19 Safety Planning Framework
UBC is updating its COVID-19 Safety Planning Framework to align with Step 3 of the BC Restart Plan and the COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines for B.C.’s Post-Secondary Institutions. The earliest date that the Public Health Office will move to Step 3 is July 1, 2021 and will extend until the start of Step 4 which is anticipated to begin September 7, 2021 at the earliest. The following changes will support the new framework:
- UBC is transitioning to seven new COVID-19 Safety Plans do not require customization, just implementation, and are applicable UBC-wide
- COVID-19 Campus Rules have been updated
- Campus Signs are updated to reflect the updated COVID-19 Campus Rules
- A new Mandatory Training must be completed by all faculty & staff currently working on campus or returning to campus
- All personnel working on campus are still required to conduct daily self-checks and anyone experiencing COVID-like symptoms must stay home.
- For eventual contact tracing purposes, in EOAS it is still mandatory that all occupied offices and labs have a sign in/out sheet that must be completed by everyone on a daily basis.