As UBC begins the 2021/22 academic year, we are excited to welcome back our students, faculty and staff. Whether you are a new or returning student, a faculty or staff member, we want to welcome you.
- Daily health self-assessments: A daily self-health assessment is required before attending campus. Sending your daily-self assessment confirmation to your supervisor is no longer required.
- Stay home if you are sick: If you feel sick stay home use the Thrive Health self-assessment tool for guidance. Follow the advice from Public Health.
- Mandatory training: All faculty and staff currently working-on or returning to campus must complete the mandatory online training module “UBC Go Forward COVID-19 Safety Planning” training.
- Signage: Everyone must follow relevant signage when moving around UBC campuses or worksites.
- COVID-19 safety plans & communicable disease plans: Supervisors will ensure that all faculty, staff and contractors are familiar with the latest guidance from the Provincial Health Officer as it relates to their work areas.
- Non-medical masks: Non-medical masks are required for all indoor public areas at UBC Vancouver and UBC Okanagan, including lobbies, hallways, stairwells, elevators, classrooms and labs.
For eventual contact tracing purposes, in EOAS it is still mandatory that all occupied offices and labs have a sign in/out sheet that must be completed by everyone on a daily basis.
For quick and easy access to the COVID-19 Safety plans, download the UBC Safe Vancouver App.