As UBC begins the 2021/22 academic year, we are excited to welcome back our students, faculty and staff. Whether you are a new or returning student, a faculty or staff member, we want to welcome you.
- Daily health self-assessments: A daily self-health assessment is required before attending campus. Sending your daily-self assessment confirmation to your supervisor is no longer required.
- Stay home if you are sick: If you feel sick stay home use the Thrive Health self-assessment tool for guidance. Follow the advice from Public Health.
- Mandatory training: All faculty and staff currently working-on or returning to campus must complete the mandatory online training module “UBC Go Forward COVID-19 Safety Planning” training.
- Signage: Everyone must follow relevant signage when moving around UBC campuses or worksites.
- COVID-19 safety plans & communicable disease plans: Supervisors will ensure that all faculty, staff and contractors are familiar with the latest guidance from the Provincial Health Officer as it relates to their work areas.
- Non-medical masks: Non-medical masks are required for all indoor public areas at UBC Vancouver and UBC Okanagan, including lobbies, hallways, stairwells, elevators, classrooms and labs.
- For eventual contact tracing purposes, in EOAS it is still mandatory that all occupied offices and labs have a sign in/out sheet that must be completed by everyone on a daily basis.
For quick and easy access to the COVID-19 Safety plans, download the UBC Safe Vancouver App.